What is Plunger Lift?
The plunger then goes into sales, or after-flow, time where gas is sold and fluid flows back into the tubing. After adequate sales time, the plunger then goes into the shut, or fall, cycle. The shut time allows the plunger to travel back to the bottom hole bumper spring to wait until the open cycle begins again. This operation is repeated multiple times per day and is monitored for any necessary adjustments.
Plunger Lift Advantages
- Does not require a rig for installation
- Low cost for equipment and installation
- Works well with gas lift and high –GLR wells
- Able to stabilize production and reduce decline curve
- Low maintenance
- Versatile in vertical and horizontal well applications
- Works well in gas-locking pumping unit wells with high GLRs.